Best Management Practices – Tree Injection, Second Edition (2022)
ISA has developed a series of Best Management Practices (BMPs) for the purpose of interpreting tree care standards and providing guidelines of practice for arborists, tree workers, and the people who employ their services.
Tree injection is the process of applying a treatment into the active xylem of a tree for distribution throughout the entire tree. This BMP provides guidance for arborists who use tree injection to systemically treat trees for pest problems, nutrient deficiencies, or growth regulation. This 2nd edition print contains 11 full-color images, including updated and brand-new illustrations.
Topics in this BMP include:
- Why Use Tree Injection?
- Types of Tree Injection
- Potential Damage from Tree Injection
- Application Considerations
- Administering Injections
- Record Keeping and Legal Considerations
- Tree Ring Porosity of Hardwood Tree Genera
- Sample Bid Specifications and Tree Injection Contract Language
(©2022, softcover, 43 pp.)
*Replaces 1st edition (2015)